Twitch Prime is a premium gaming service available to Twitch users with Prime Video or Amazon Prime subscriptions.
This premium service gives users exclusive in-game features, unique emotes and chat badges, and a channel subscription to your preferred streamer at no extra cost.
Overall, Twitch Prime is an excellent way to upgrade your streaming experience and get a free subscription. Subscribing to Twitch Prime is relatively easy if you know the steps.
An Amazon Prime or Prime Video subscription is the first step to getting Twitch Prime. Open your web browser and navigate to the Amazon Twitch Prime page. Click the “Try Prime” and use your Amazon Prime credentials to sign in. Click on the profile icon and select the “Link Twitch Account” button. Enter your Twitch account credentials and click “Confirm.”
This post highlights the steps for getting Twitch Prime and the steps to subscribe to a specific streamer using your Twitch Prime account.
Overview of Twitch Prime
As the introduction explains, Twitch Prime is a premium service for Twitch users with Amazon Prime or Prime Video subscriptions. If you’re unfamiliar with Amazon Prime, it is a membership subscription to Amazon services.
This membership plan offers discounts on Amazon services, including a free Prime Video subscription, shipping and shopping deals from Amazon, and other delivery fee offsets.
As you may know, Amazon acquired Twitch in 2014. Getting an Amazon Prime membership is just one of the ways this service provider incentivizes members to subscribe to Twitch and rewards loyal Twitch and Amazon users.
Getting Twitch Prime has several benefits. The most significant is a channel subscription to any streamer at no extra cost.
Prime Gaming users can see the free channel subscription option when they click on the subscribe button of any Twitch affiliate or partner. This premium service is available globally, except for China, India, and embargoed territories.
Suppose you are worried about your favorite streamer missing out on their subscription fee because of your Prime Twitch subscription. In that case, you’ll be happy to know that Twitch Prime subscription income remains the same as regular subscriptions.
It’s vital to note Twitch Prime subscriptions to a channel do not auto-renew every month. You must re-subscribe to the channel monthly or manually set it up to auto-renew.
Next, we’ll discuss how to subscribe to Amazon Prime, Twitch Prime, and one of your favorite streamer’s channels.
Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Twitch Prime
The first step to getting Twitch Prime is having an Amazon Prime membership. Follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the official Amazon page.
- Click the “Sign-in” button on the right side of the search bar.
- Click the “New Customer: Sign Here” option.
- Enter your account credentials and click “Continue.”
- Enter your card details and confirm your shipping and billing addresses.
- Click “Okay” to complete.
Amazon offers a 30-day free trial to new members.
After creating your Amazon Prime account, get Twitch Prime by following the steps below.
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official Amazon Twitch Prime page.
- Click the “Try Prime” button at the center of the page. Click “Continue” from a pop-up window if that appears.
- Enter the Amazon Prime credentials for the account you created in the section above and click “Sign in.”
- Click the profile icon at the top-right edge of the screen and select the “Link Twitch Account” below your profile name.
- Enter your Twitch account credentials and click “Log In.”
- Click the “Confirm” button to link both accounts.
As we’ve established, Twitch Prime offers access to exclusive in-game features like emotes and badges and a channel subscription to a Twitch affiliate or partner at no additional cost.
Here’s to subscribe to a channel with your Twitch Prime account.
- Log in to your Twitch account.
- Click on the name of the streamer you wish to subscribe to open their profile page.
- Click the “Subscribe” button.
- A prompt will appear asking if you want to use your free monthly Prime subscription. Click “Yes.”
- Alternatively, after clicking the “Subscribe” button, check the box with the “Use Prime Sub” option, then click “Subscribe with Prime.”
Twitch Prime is a service for Twitch users with Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership.
This service offers exclusive features like a channel subscription to any streamer at no additional cost, unique emotes, and chat badges.
Remember, Twitch Prime channel subscriptions don’t auto-renew monthly.