Want iMessage for your HP laptop or Windows?
Unfortunately, Apple’s messaging applications only work on Apple machines like iPhones, iPads, and Macs.
Zero third-party applications connect to iMessage.
So, how can you get iMessage on your HP laptop that runs the Windows operating system?
You can get iMessage on your HP laptop by making use of an application called HP QuickDrop. You will need an HP PC and an iPhone with an online connection to make this work. The HP QuickDrop app helps you transfer photos, documents, sites, etc., wirelessly.
In this article, we will share how to set up and make use of iMessage on your HP laptop that runs on the Windows operating system.
What You Need To Know About Apple’s iMessage
iMessage communication practically changed how we communicated when Apple decided to add the app with iOS5.
The adoption of iMessage was almost automatic. Many Apple users still don’t know the significant difference between text messages and iMessage.
Apple eventually added support for iMessage on the Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac. But there is no support for iMessage for PC.
As it were, iMessage only works on Apple devices. Apple does not offer iMessage on the web, which is a crying shame since it could have been part of the iCloud website.
When you run a search for ‘iMessage on PC’ on Google, you will get several results. Most offer bad solutions for running iMessage on Windows PCs like HP laptops. Stay away from solutions like iPadian, a simulator, not an emulator, as it is being touted on those websites.
How You Can Get iMessage on Your HP Laptop
Since you intend to use an HP PC to get iMessage, you won’t need an iPad or Mac. But you will require an iPhone with online access.
You will also need HP QuickDrop, an application essential to making you receive or run iMessage on your HP PC.
HP QuickDrop application helps users transfer photos, documents, sites, etc., wirelessly between their iOS/Android devices and HP computer.
HP recently added a unique feature that is compatible with iMessage from connected Apple devices like an iPhone.
Your HP should run on Windows 10 or 11 for this to work efficiently. Your iPhone shouldn’t run on less than iOS 12.
Let’s start with pairing your HP laptop and Apple device to receive/send iMessage on your Windows computer.
Step #1: Setting Up and Using iMessage on Your HP Laptop
Follow these steps:
- The HP QuickDrop app should come pre-installed on your PC. But if not, download and install the application from the Microsoft official store or HP’s official site.
- Download and install the HP QuickDrop app on your iPhone from the App Store.
- Tap ‘Sounds Good‘ and allow the permissions.
- Tap ‘Scan QR‘ or ‘Use PIN‘ to pair your HP laptop and iPhone.
- If you prefer using the PIN code, click the ‘Use PIN’ code on your laptop screen and remember the displayed PIN code.
- Enter the PIN code displayed on your PC’s QuickDrop application on your iPhone.
- Tap ‘Connect.’ A message ‘waiting for confirmation’ will be sent to your iPhone.
- On the QuickDrop application on your PC, click the ‘PIN code is the same, continue‘ button.
That is all. Your HP laptop and iPhone have been paired successfully via the confirmation on the screen of both devices.
But to receive/send iMessage from your HP laptop, you must provide permission for the QuickDrop application to access all the contacts on your iPhone.
Step #2: Providing Permission
Follow these steps:
- Enable Bluetooth on your HP laptop and iPhone.
- Click the message icon on the left of the QuickDrop app on your HP laptop.
- Enable the button showing ‘Got it! Connect my device.’
- On another screen on your laptop, click ‘Send request‘ and tap ‘OK.’
- On your PC’s QuickDrop application, click ‘Pair‘ to connect your laptop to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Tap ‘OK‘ on the pop-up window on the iPhone to pair both devices.
- After establishing the Bluetooth connection, a success message appears on the QuickDrop application on your laptop. Click ‘Done.’
- Toggle on the ‘Show Notifications‘ field to start receiving notifications on your HP laptop for incoming messages.
Step #3: Sending and Receiving iMessage on Your HP Laptop
Confirming if everything you did was right on the mark is essential. To do this, you need to send an iMessage from your HP laptop and see if you will get a notification for an incoming iMessage:
- Open the QuickDrop application on your PC.
- Click the message option.
- Select ‘Compose Message.’
- Select a contact to send the iMessage.
- Write your message within the box provided.
- Click the ‘Send‘ button.
Good job! You have sent an iMessage from your HP PC successfully. The sent iMessage can also be seen on your iPhone’s Messages application.
iMessage is Apple’s proprietary messaging platform that can only be used on iPhones, iPads, and Macs. No third-party applications can connect to iMessage.
But fortunately, you can follow the steps outlined in this article to get iMessage on your HP laptop that runs on the Windows operating system.