Reddit is a common platform for daily discussions used by millions globally.
It allows users to share, comment, upvote, and downvote posts or comments. It is the best platform to keep yourself updated with the latest news, trends, headlines, etc.
Since anyone can view the posts on the platform, it raises the question of how you can edit a post on Reddit.
You can edit Reddit posts by clicking on the ‘Edit’ option. It is important to note that you can only edit the body of the post and not the title. You must delete the post and make a new one to edit or change the title.
If you edit a post, an asterisk symbol (*) will appear next to it so that the other users can know that the post has been edited.
Let’s dig deeper into editing Reddit posts on the Reddit mobile app as well as using the browser version.
Step-by-Step Guide To Edit a Reddit Post
Reddit allows and supports the option to edit posts but only the body text of a post. Read the guidelines below to learn how to edit a post on Reddit.
How To Edit a Reddit Post on the Web App?
If you’re using Reddit through your desktop browser, here’s how to edit a post:
- Navigate to Reddit on your favorite browser and log in.
- Click on the drop-down icon next to your username in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Profile.”
- Click on the “Posts” tab at the top. A list of all your posts will appear.
- Click “Edit Post” under the post you would like to edit.
- Make changes, and click the “Save” button to confirm your changes.
How To Edit a Reddit Post on the Mobile App?
If you’re using the Reddit app on your mobile devices, follow the steps below to edit a post on Reddit:
- Open the Reddit app on your phone.
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select “My profile.”
- Scroll down and tap on the post you would like to edit.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Edit.”
- Make the changes and tap “Save” in the top right corner to publish the newly edited version.
How To Post on Reddit?
To make a post on Reddit, make sure to go through the community rules and guidelines before making a post.
Posting on Reddit in the Browser
Follow the instructions below to create a Reddit post using the web browser:
- Navigate to Reddit and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Create Post” option on the right of the screen.
- Choose the community you want to post into by clicking “Choose a community” at the top left.
- Choose the type of post you wish to create at the top.
- Now add the title to your post and complete the rest of the post contents.
- Once done, click on “Post” to publish the post.
Posting on the Reddit Mobile App
Follow the instructions below to create a post using the Reddit app on your phone:
- Open the Reddit app.
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Add the title for your post, and then complete the rest of the post contents.
- Tap “Next” in the top right corner.
- Select the community to post to.
- Tap on the “Post” button to publish the post.
Editing a post on Reddit is pretty simple and easy.
You just have to find the post you want to edit and click the “Edit” button.
However, the editing option on Reddit is restricted to only the body of the post or the content.
You cannot edit or change the title of the post.
To change the post’s title, you will have to delete the post and publish a new post with the revised title.
Reddit does not allow you to edit the title of the post. If you want to edit the title, you must repost it with an updated title. The editing option is limited to the content of the post only.
Comments and posts can be edited on Reddit. You must open the post or comment you want to edit and click the “Edit” option.
You can format posts and comments on Reddit using the Fancy Pants editor or the markdown mode.