If you have a favorite streamer whose broadcast you like, you can create clips of their broadcasts and download them to watch later instead of browsing the VOD library.
Downloading clips is convenient as it lets you capture the video highlights and share them with friends or post them on another platform. Downloading Twitch clips is relatively easy.
Log in to your Twitch account on your PC. Open the stream you wish to clip and download. Click the clip icon (movie clapperboard). Adjust the clip’s length, enter the clip’s title, and click “Publish.” Copy the clip’s URL and navigate to the Clipr website. Paste the link, click “Download now,” and then “Download” next to the preferred quality option.
This post highlights the steps to download a Twitch clip on the mobile app or PC.
Overview of Downloading Twitch Clips
As the introduction notes, knowing how to download a Twitch clip is essential for any streamer and Twitch user. This skill is handy when you wish to rewatch your favorite streamers’ videos offline, share stream highlights with friends, or post on another social media platform.
Before learning to download Twitch clips, knowing how to make them is essential. This will help make video clips you relate to from the streamer’s broadcast instead of having to download those listed in the channel’s popular clips section.
You can also clip your videos and make highlights by capturing exciting moments in your broadcasts. Twitch has a built-in clipper feature, making the process seamless. Here’s how to do it.
- Access Twitch and log into your account on your PC.
- Select the stream/video you wish to clip.
- Click the clip icon (a movie clapperboard) at the bottom-right corner of the video window between settings and full-screen icons.
- A clip window will appear.
- Adjust the clip to your preferred length using the slider at the bottom.
- Enter the clip’s title.
- Click “Publish” at the top-right corner.
You can access and download published clips through your Creator’s Dashboard. Here’s how.
- Sign into your Twitch account.
- Click the profile icon at the top-right corner, then select “Creator Dashboard.”
- Locate the menu on the left and click “Content.”
- Select “Clips.”
- Open the “Clips I’ve Created” tab to see your clips.
Next, we’ll discuss the steps to download Twitch clips on a PC or Twitch mobile app.
Step-by-Step Guide to Downloading Twitch Clips
There are two ways to download Twitch clips, depending on whether you use a PC or a mobile app. We’ll cover the exact steps for each method in the sections below.
Method #1: Using a PC
Here’s how to download a Twitch clip on your PC.
- Make a new clip using the steps above or open an already created clip.
- Copy the URL.
- Open a new tab on your browser and navigate to the Clipr website.
- Paste the link in the text bar at the center of the page.
- Click “Download now.”
- Wait until Clipr finishes loading. Click the “Download” button next to the preferred quality option.
- The clip will be saved on your PC.
Method #2: Using the Mobile App
Follow the steps below.
- Open the Twitch mobile app.
- Open the stream/video whose clips you wish to download.
- Tap the movie clapperboard icon at the top-right corner of the video.
- Wait until the clip is created and tap the “Copy link” option.
- Open the Clipr webpage on your phone browser.
- Paste the link in the text bar at the center.
- Tap the “Download now” button.
- Wait until Clipr finishes loading. Tap the “Download” button next to the preferred quality option.
Downloading Twitch clips is a quick and convenient way to save video highlights to rewatch later, share with friends, or post on other social media apps.
Before downloading clips, learn to make and access them through the clips manager. After, you can download them via Clipr.XYZ site on your phone or PC.