If you have a WhatsApp business account that you no longer need, you can decide to delete it.
WhatsApp Business lets businesses interact with clients in a business way, from tracking orders, payments, etc.
Nonetheless, you can delete your account anytime, which is possible in a few steps. If you want a quick way to delete your WhatsApp business account, read on to find out.
To delete your WhatsApp business account, start by opening your WhatsApp application. Once it opens, click the three dots at the top and open the “Settings” page. Click the “Delete my account” option at the bottom. Enter the number associated with your WhatsApp business account and click the “Delete My Account” button. Select your reason for deleting the account and proceed to confirm the deletion.
This guide begins by understanding why you may want to delete a WhatsApp business account and what happens after deleting it. Next, we will see the steps to delete your WhatsApp business account. Ready? Let’s dig in!
Why Delete a WhatsApp Business Account?
For someone running an online business, having a WhatsApp Business account is an excellent way of interacting with your business clients.
The WhatsApp Business account offers additional features to help automate your business, such as keeping track of orders and payments. That way, you can conveniently run your business.
So, why would you want to delete your WhatsApp Business account?
It could be that you want to shut down your business and no longer need a WhatsApp Business account. Another reason could be you want to rebrand your production line, and the WhatsApp Business account doesn’t help you with the new product line.
Whatever your reason for wanting to delete your WhatsApp business account is, there are a few steps to follow to delete it completely.
Note that WhatsApp offers you 90 days to change your mind and revert the delete decision.
If you are sure about the action, deleting the WhatsApp Business will erase all your message history, delete all the groups you’ve joined, and delete your number and account from WhatsApp.
How To Delete WhatsApp Business Account
To proceed with deleting your WhatsApp Business account, use the below steps:
- Open the WhatsApp Business application on your phone.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Once the “Settings” page loads, click the “Delete my account” option.
- A page highlighting what happens when you delete your account will appear. Enter the phone number associated with the WhatsApp Business account.
- Enter your reason for deleting the account and click the “Delete My Account” button.
- Click the “Delete My Account” button again on the next screen.
That’s it. Your WhatsApp Business account will be successfully deleted, and all your data associated with the account be wiped out.
Deleting your WhatsApp Business reduces your connection with your clients and others. If you wish to maintain the bond, you can consider converting the WhatsApp business to a personal WhatsApp account instead.
How To Switch From a Business Account to a Personal Account on WhatsApp
Switching to a personal account is possible instead of completely deleting your WhatsApp Business account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your WhatsApp Business account.
- Click the three dots at the top and open “Settings”.
- Click on “Chat” and select the “Chat backup” option.
- Choose your backup option and backup the WhatsApp data.
- Once you’ve created the backup, uninstall the WhatsApp Business application.
- Install ordinary WhatsApp from Play Store or App Store.
- Open it and click the “Agree and Continue” button.
- Enter your phone number and click “Next”.
- On the backup window, click “Continue”.
Your backup will get retrieved, and once the installation completes, you will have access to your data on the personal WhatsApp account instead of the business account.
Deleting a WhatsApp Business account is not a difficult task.
We’ve covered all the steps to delete your WhatsApp Business account.
Moreover, we’ve seen how to convert your WhatsApp Business to a personal account to retain your data.
Hopefully, you can now comfortably manage your WhatsApp business account.