Have you been feeling uneasy with your boyfriend lately? Maybe he’s cheating. Perhaps it’s just that you’re being too secretive. You just need to know what he’s up to. How can you check your boyfriend’s Facebook messages without him knowing?
There are many reasons to check on other people’s Messenger accounts; some are more legitimate than others. There are plenty of ways to do it, ranging from directly looking at your boyfriend’s phone or using special software. But it would be best to exercise some precautions if you choose to do this.
In this article, we’ll try to understand why we might opt to do these things, and then we’ll look into some methods.
The first thing that immediately comes to mind when we think of checking on someone else’s messages is privacy. Privacy is a right. But what might compel another person to breach this?
- Suspicion of infidelity – 81% of attorneys mention that they have seen at least 1 case of infidelity in the past five years involving the use of Facebook (Facebook Affairs). Looking at those messages might just lead to something fishy.
- Tracking whereabouts -Checking his messages might give you a clue about where your boyfriend usually goes. If you want to be more accurate, spyware can also track location geographically.
A matter of security – Facebook has become so mainstream that cybercrime has found its way into the app. Maybe you should check if he’s being victimized. The cybercrimes on Facebook can range from the following:
- Identity Theft
Now that we’ve tried to understand our intentions let’s look into the manual means of checking his messages.
Method #1: Take a Peek
He’s just sitting on the couch. It’s not that hard to scooch over and find a good angle on his screen. If you’re a bit more resourceful, you can get a good spot that can reflect light from his phone, such as glass walls and the like.
Method #2: Get a Hold of His Phone
Just say you want to order food. Or maybe grab it from the table while he’s on an errand. Having the phone and checking the messages from the source itself is the easiest way of all. It circumvents the difficulty of having to know his email and password.
Method #3: Log Into His Account
Now, let’s say you have everything but the password. Password retrieval and resets usually ask a security question. This is where your knowledge of him comes into play. Common security questions include the following:
- In what city were you born?
- What is the name of your favorite pet?
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- What high school did you attend?
- What is the name of your first school?
- What was the make of your first car?
- What was your favorite food as a child?
- Where did you meet your spouse?
Still can’t see those messages? Spyware apps are designed to enable anyone to see other people’s activities on the internet. There are plenty of apps to choose from. Here are ten recommended free apps:
- Highster Mobile
FlexiSpy is one of the first spy phone applications on the market. With 17 years of experience, FlexiSpy boasts some key features:
- Focused on Instant Messaging – Beyond SMS and phone calls, FlexiSpy can monitor instant messaging apps like Facebook Messenger. It can capture both sides of a conversation while keeping track of newer messaging tools like stickers.
- Monitor Audio Streams – FlexiSpy can allow you to listen to and record almost any type of audio coming from the source phone. This can range from regular calls to IM calls through Facebook Messenger.
- App Screenshot – Social media apps update all the time, and this can render most spy apps useless immediately. This isn’t the case with FlexiSpy. You can still take screenshots of chats even after IM app updates.
Knowing over hoping. That’s the eyeZy manifesto. You better bet they do live up to that motto with their powerful monitoring solution:
- Social Spotlight – eyeZy can oversee all social media apps. Other than being able to see ongoing chats, it can also see deleted messages via the Screen Recorder feature.
- Keylogger – Keystrokes are basically inputs on a keyboard. This allows you to see everything they type. You can find out what they’re searching for, what they’re saying to other people, and much more.
- Magic Alerts – Magic Alerts notifies users of controversial happenings on their phones without you having to be on top of everything 24/7. All you need to do is arrange pre-set keywords in the Control Panel. But it doesn’t end there. You can even set forbidden zones. This enables you to get notifications when they go to certain places.
Data Privacy: Why You Shouldn’t Spy
You’re ready. You’ve got a grasp of some tricks, and you can now finally check on his messages without him noticing. But here’s why you should probably leave the super-sleuthing to Sherlock.
Data privacy concerns the proper handling of sensitive data, including personal and other confidential data. Breaching data privacy is an invasion of privacy. Doing this can hold you liable via four main types of claims:
- Intrusion of Solitude
- Appropriation of Name or Likeness
- Public Disclosure of Private Facts
- False Light
Relationships are built on trust and loyalty. If you have doubts, maybe it’s better to confront your boyfriend directly rather than risk having legal cases.
We can’t help feeling insecure about our partner sometimes. You might get that urge to check on their messages just to know what they’re doing when you’re not around.
There are many ways to do it. You can peek, use their phone, or get into their account by knowing their personal information. You can even do it remotely by using powerful spyware apps.
But no matter how you can do it, maybe it’s best to leave them alone. You’re not only risking yourself from legal claims but also the trust of your partner. Be direct. Talk to them.