Snapchat is a fun and quirky app, but sometimes people get too creative with their usernames, and it becomes hard to keep track of who is who. If you have a friend on Snapchat whose display name you can’t quite remember, don’t worry – you can easily change it.
To change someone’s name on Snapchat, go to your Friend List and find the person whose name you want to change. Tap on their name to open the editing window, enter the new name, and tap Save.
Snapchat lets users change their display names as often as they want, so some people keep changing their names to keep their friends on their toes. But if you don’t want to be constantly guessing who is on your Snapchat list, you can easily set a name of your choosing.
We’ll show you how to change someone’s name on Snapchat in just a few quick and easy steps.
Android users can follow these steps to change someone’s display name on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app and sign in (if you’re not already signed in).
- Tap on the profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘My Friends‘ (under ‘Friends’).
- Find the friend whose name you want to change; tap and hold on to their name.
- A pop-up will appear with various options – tap on ‘Manage Friendship.’
- Tap on ‘Edit Name‘ in the following pop-up.
- Type the new name you want to use for this person and tap on ‘Save.’
The person’s name will immediately be updated in your Snapchat contacts. Remember that it’s for just you, and this change will not be visible to that friend.
iPhone has a little different process of changing a friend’s name on Snapchat. But these steps should make it easy for you:
- Launch Snapchat on your iPhone and sign in.
- On the camera screen, tap on the Snapchat icon at the top-center or swipe down to the main menu.
- Now, tap on ‘My Friends.’
- Find the friend whose name you want to change and tap on their name.
- You’ll see a setting icon next to their username – tap on it.
- Tap on ‘Edit Name.‘
- Type in the new name for this person and tap on ‘Save’ when you’re done.
As soon as you hit save, that person’s new name will show up in your Snapchat contacts list.
The above methods talk about changing others’ names on Snapchat, but what if you want to change your name. We have a guide for that as well; both Android and iOS have similar steps for this, so we’ve put them together.
- Open Snapchat and sign in.
- Tap on the profile icon (your Snapchat Bitmoji or a yellow dot if you haven’t set one up).
- Tap on your current name to edit it.
- Type in the new name you want to use and tap on ‘Save.’
Your name will be updated, and it’ll be visible to you and the friends you’ll add in the future; your existing friends will still see the name you had when they first added you.
You may change your display name on Snapchat at any time, but you can only modify your username once a year.
Whether you want to change your friend’s name to something funnier or easily recognizable, these simple methods should help you do that without any trouble. Just a few taps on your screen, and you’ll have them sorted into your Snapchat friends list.
Their name will be changed in your Snapchat friends list, but the change will only be visible to you.
You can change someone’s name on Snapchat as often as you want.
Yes, you can use emojis while setting a name for your friends on Snapchat.
It has to be less than 30 characters.
Snapchat allows for letters, numbers, periods, and spaces. You can also use apostrophes and dashes or any emoji.
You’ll not know if someone changed your name on their Snapchat. The change will only be visible to the friend who made it.