Perhaps you’ve seen your friends use Instagram Highlights on their stories. Did they look great? Now you want to try adding Highlights to your profile. But how do you do it without posting?
Highlights lets you showcase the best part of your life. It gives your Instagram friends and other users a chance to see who you are or learn more about your products. It’s possible to add Highlights without posting or adding them to your stories. You can achieve this by turning on the Private mode. You will need to block Instagram users, including your followers, from viewing your stories for 24 hours.
Sounds complicated? Hold on. I’ll unriddle how you can use Instagram Highlights without posting it.
- Instagram Highlights
- Adding Highlights on Instagram
- Adding Highlights Without Posting
- How To Delete Highlights
- Final Thoughts
Highlights are curated Instagram stories featured on your profile. Highlights are found just under the bio section. Hence a great way to introduce yourself. Your followers on Instagram will see the best bits of your life, products, or company. You can categorize them as you wish.
Use Highlights to tell a story, educate your followers about your products and exhibit your services or products. Business accounts can also use Instagram Highlights to promote their brand, companies, or products.
You create and add a Highlight from an active or archived story.
- Start your Instagram app.
- On the Story section, tap to view an active story.
- Hit the Highlight button at the bottom of the story.
- Tap the Plus symbol and add a title to the Highlight.
- Press the Add (iOS) or Done (Android) button to add the Highlight to your profile.
- Head to the profile and click New (a plus sign) below Story Highlights or the Plus button on the top right of your profile page and select Story Highlight.
- The new page opens the archive section containing your old stories. Pick a story and click Next.
- Click Edit cover to select a particular piece of the story as the Highlight Icon, name the Highlight, and press Add (iOS) or Done (Android).
Users often add Instagram stories and then save the stories as Instagram Highlights. But you can add Instagram Highlights on your profile without posting them to Instagram stories.
Here is how to bypass the story process.
Step #1: Begin By Switching to Private
Privatizing your Instagram profile limits the number of people who can view your profile and posts. It lets you determine who can view your posts and profile. To make your profile private,
- Tap the profile icon on your home page to access the profile page.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Select the Settings gear.
- Click Privacy.
- Turn on the private account button.
Step #2: Block Everyone From Viewing Your Stories
- On the profile page, click the Menu icon and select Settings.
- Go to Privacy and tap story.
- Tap Hide Story From and select all users. If you have many followers, you can click the Close friends and pick one user.
Step #3: Add Your Story
Upload the story. You can do it directly from the home page or your profile.
- Tap the Plus sign on your profile page.
- Click Story.
- If Instagram has access to your gallery, the click will lead you to the gallery.
- Choose the video or photo from the gallery.
- Edit using tools on the story screen.
- Click Your story to upload it.
Step #4: Save the Story to Your Highlights Section
Go to the uploaded story and tap the Highlights button.
Step #5: Change Privacy Settings After 24 Hours
After 24 hours, your story will move from the story section to the Highlight section. Once transferred to the Highlights sections, restore the story and privacy settings.
If you delete it before 24 hours lapse, you won’t have any video to add to your Highlight section.
If you cannot see a video after 24 hours, try reuploading it and re-adding the Highlight.
If you wish to delete a Highlight, you can do it.
- Go to the profile page.
- Select the Highlight you’d wish to delete.
- Tap to preview it.
- Long-press the preview. A few options will pop up. Tap Delete Highlight.
Highlights are great tools that create more awareness regardless of whether you run a business or a personal account. You can create Highlights displaying your workplace, behind the scenes of your work, product demo videos, everyday life, or outfits. You’re not limited to these ideas. Capitalize on the Highlights sections to increase your brand or product awareness.
Yes, you can delete a single story from your Highlight. Tap the Highlight to view it. Let it flow to the particular story you wish to delete. Once it comes up, click the three dots and tap Remove from Highlight.