Announcing your certifications on LinkedIn is one way to show your audience- recruiters, networks, and competitors-how much investment you have put into your career.
It also helps you to present yourself as a professional in your field. So, you must know how to announce certifications on LinkedIn correctly.
In general, announcing and adding certifications to your LinkedIn lies mostly around your profile’s “add a section” area. You also need a well-written LinkedIn post to show your followers you got the certification. This would reach a wider audience than just adding certifications to your profile.
In this article, we will show you how to announce certifications on LinkedIn and do it correctly. Let’s go!
Add The Certification to Your Linkedin Profile
The first step to announcing your certification is adding it to your LinkedIn profile. This shows the certificate’s credibility and confirms that you own it.
Follow the steps below to do that:
- Go to LinkedIn and sign into your account.
- Click on your profile name on the right.
- Click on the “Add profile section” button.
- Scroll down and click on “Recommended.”
- Go to “Add licenses & certifications.”
- Fill out the “Add license or certification” form with the necessary details. These include the name of the license or certification, the name of the organization that issued it, the date it was issued, the date it will expire, credential ID, and credential URL.
- Click the “Add skill” button to add at least one associated skill with this license or certification.
- Click on “Save.”
- Click “Next” to share the news with your network, or click “Skip” to avoid this step.
- If you click “Next,” LinkedIn will automatically create a short news post about your achievement – the new license or certification you just earned. You can click on the post to edit it, giving it a more personal touch.
- Choose who can comment on your post by going to the message icon down the page.
- Select “Anyone,” “Connections Only,” or “No One.”
- Click on “Save.”
- Click the “Post” button.
Why It’s Important To Announce Your New License Or Certification On LinkedIn
Making a LinkedIn post about your new license or certification will go a long way in reaching a larger audience than just showing your certifications.
For example, suppose you attach your certifications to an educational post stating why you went the extra mile to give yourself a professional boost. In that case, it could inspire people who would share your post.
By doing this, you can reach out to other LinkedIn users in their circle and simultaneously show them that you have added a new certification to your profession.
In your LinkedIn posts, you can state key points like:
- The reason why you took that particular course.
- The highlights of the course state your significant takeaways.
- The difference is in your professionalism and creative thinking level after taking the course.
- Would you recommend it to someone else?
- You can also tag your instructors to it, as this attaches some form of credibility to your post.
- Don’t forget to update your skill section with the new skills you have learned from the certification you got.
- Update your courses, too, showing that you have completed the course and earned a certificate in that subject.
- Finally, add relevant hashtags and keywords so that you can reach a wider audience.
This is a sample of how to announce certification on LinkedIn:
Today, I am happy to announce that I am a “Certified ×××××,” endorsed by the “Certificate authority.” I am pushing a career path in this course and am willing to work with individuals and teams in their systems. I aim to add maximum participation and bring the expected results to the organization.
While at it, you should also optimize your LinkedIn profile because it gives you credibility and authority as a professional in your field. Announcing your certifications means that there is a high possibility that you will get the attention of new followers, recruiters, or clients. So having a profile that corresponds with your professional value and certification is very important.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can announce your certification and get the attention you require strategically.
LinkedIn is a game of who does it better. If you can show professionalism in what you do and get certificates as a backup, you’ll be one of the top gamers on that platform.
So the rule is to add your certifications, share them with your network and finally make a LinkedIn post about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you should; it adds credibility to your announcement and shows that it is authentic, especially when it has your details.
Yes, they do. You can add them to your job search strategy as it would improve your chances of being noticed by recruiters, especially those on LinkedIn.