Almost a quarter of the world’s population depends on WhatsApp for daily communication, whether to catch up with family or speak to business partners.
For this reason, if you are a frequent WhatsApp user, you will save valuable time by adding the WhatsApp icon to your home screen.
To add the WhatsApp icon to the home screen, swipe up on your Android device home screen to open the application screen. Scroll down the application screen to locate WhatsApp. Press and hold the WhatsApp app icon, then drag it away from the application screen and drop it to the home screen.
The post below contains detailed guides on adding the WhatsApp icon to the home screen on different types of devices. Therefore, read on to learn more!
Depending on your device, there are various ways to add the WhatsApp icon to the home screen. In this section, we will show you how to add the WhatsApp icon to the home screen on Android and iOS.
Follow these steps to add the WhatsApp icon to the home screen on your Android device.
- Swipe up from the home screen to open the application screen.
- Scroll down the application screen to locate WhatsApp.
- Press and hold the WhatsApp app icon.
- While holding, drag the WhatsApp icon away from the app screen and place it on the home screen.
When you first download any app on an iOS device, it will be automatically added to your home screen. However, that doesn’t always happen, or you might have removed it from the home screen. In such situations, here is how to add WhatsApp to the home screen.
- Once on your phone, scroll to the “App Library” window at the top of the page.
- Locate the WhatsApp icon and long-press on it to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select the” Add app to home screen” option, and the change should be automatic. The “Add app to home screen” option will only appear in the list of options if the app is not on your home screen.
Assuming you frequently communicate with one person on WhatsApp, you have the option of pinning the conversation in-app or otherwise creating a shortcut on your home screen.
By creating a shortcut, you won’t have to go through the hassle of launching the WhatsApp app and searching for the chat whenever you want to text the person. Follow the steps below to create a WhatsApp chat shortcut.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Locate the chat you want to create a shortcut for.
- Press and hold the conversation.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the pop-up menu that appears.
- Select “Add chat shortcut.”
- Tap “Add” or “Allow” on the “Add to home screen” prompt that appears.
WhatsApp also has a desktop version to make it more convenient for people who don’t have a phone or simply prefer to avoid looking at their phones during office hours. Either way, here is how to add WhatsApp to your Windows desktop taskbar.
- Click on the Search bar at the bottom of the page.
- Assuming you already have WhatsApp downloaded, search for “WhatsApp.”
- Once WhatsApp appears, right-click on it to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select “Pin to Taskbar.”
One of the best features of WhatsApp is that you can link your account to your Mac computer. Alternatively, you can open an account solely for your Mac. Here is how to add the WhatsApp icon to the home screen dock area.
- Click on the Finder icon.
- Key in WhatsApp. Please note that the only way to proceed to this step is if you have WhatsApp already downloaded on your computer.
- Long press on the WhatsApp icon to reveal additional choices.
- Click “Options” and then “Keep in Dock.”
Considering that WhatsApp has almost 2 billion users, it’s safe to assume that many people depend on it for everyday communication.
And sometimes, searching for the app whenever you need it may be too much of a hassle. In such a situation, adding the WhatsApp icon to your home screen is advisable using the easy steps detailed above.
Your WhatsApp shortcut icon on Windows is gray because it’s outdated. To fix the issue, update the app. If updating the app doesn’t fix the problem, uninstall and then reinstall the app.
Yes, you can add multiple WhatsApp shortcuts to your home screen. However, you need to add each chat shortcut separately.