With WhatsApp, you can share media files and chats with your friends. When you share voice messages, you may get curious about where to access the shared voice messages.
As an iPhone user, knowing where your WhatsApp files get stored challenges many people, but it doesn’t have to be that difficult, provided you understand where to look. If you are stuck at knowing where your audio files are stored on your iPhone, we got your back.
Audio files are not saved on the local storage for iPhone. So, if you are trying to access your audio files, you can only find them in the WhatsApp conversation where they were sent. However, saving the audio files in your Files app on your iPhone is possible. Still, you can upload the audio files to iCloud and access the audio files from your iCloud backup. You can also export the chats and access the audio files in the exported chat.
First, we will discuss whether finding audio files in your iPhone WhatsApp is possible. Next, we will see how to access audio files on WhatsApp on your iPhone in different ways. Take a look!
Can You Download WhatsApp Audio Files on iPhone?
When someone shares an audio file on WhatsApp, you can tap on it to listen to the audio file. WhatsApp lets you share messages and media files with your friends. When someone wants to send you a voice message, they can quickly record it using the record feature on WhatsApp and send it to you.
Still, they can send you an audio file by uploading it from their phone. When you receive the audio file, you can tap on it to download it on WhatsApp. You can then tap on the audio file to listen to it.
Where Are WhatsApp Audio Files Stored on iPhone?
When you receive a WhatsApp audio file and tap on it, it only gets downloaded on WhatsApp. You can access it anytime to listen to it, but you can’t locate it on your iPhone.
WhatsApp doesn’t save the audio file in your local storage. So, if you want to local access the audio file, you must find a way to export it to your iPhone’s Files App. Here, we will discuss different options that you can use.
Save to the Files App
Your iPhone’s Files app is a better way to save the audio file so you can always access it locally. You must find the audio file and forward it to your Files app.
- Open your WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Open the chat containing the audio file.
- Find the audio file and long-press on it.
- Tap the forward icon and then the share icon at the bottom.
- Select the option for “Save to Files” from the menu list that appears.
- Tap the option for “On My iPhone.”
- Choose a folder where to save the audio file.
- Rename the file to a name you can easily remember.
- Lastly, tap the “Save” button.
Export the Chat
You can also export your chat to your iPhone to save the audio file locally.
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Find the conversation you want to export and open its audio file.
- Tap the settings icon at the bottom.
- Tap the “Chats” button.
- Tap on the option for “Export Chat.”
- Choose the chat you wish to export.
- Select the option for “Attach Media.”
- Once exporting completes, tap the option for “Save to Files.”
You can now access your audio file on the Files App of your iPhone.
With iCloud, you can back up your WhatsApp and access the audio file from the iCloud storage.
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Select the option for “iCloud.”
- Ensure WhatsApp is selected.
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to “Settings.”
- Locate the option for “Chats” and select the “Chat Backup“ option.
- Lastly, tap the “Back Up Now“ option.
Your audio file is now available in your iCloud storage.
Audio files are not locally saved on your iPhone. To access them, you can use the export chat option, save them on the Files App, or use the iCloud option. That’s it!