Let’s admit that we all have been using Snapchat for years. If not years, then months for sure. But still, there are many features on Snapchat that we actually don’t know properly. Have you ever noticed your friend’s name on Snapchat and wondered why it’s here on the recent list? Do you know what this recent actually means?
Like every other social media platform, Snapchat is enabled to record all your activities and history, including your snaps, chit-chats, and friends. When you don’t contact a friend or when you often contact your friends, it is all recorded on Snapchat recent. It is only to notify you of your activities.
In today’s article, we will tell you all about the recent and how you can clear them. So, keep connected with us till the end, and let’s get started!
What Is Recent On Snapchat?
Since Snapchat started offering its unique privacy protection themes, most users prefer to adapt it for conversations. Snapchat features a recent list that lets you know about your activity and searches on Snapchat. It basically keeps a record of everything you do on Snapchat.
Activities such as unopened snaps and chats also fall into this list. Moreover, when a friend has added you on Snapchat, and you contact him daily, your friend’s chat won’t be on the recent list. However, when you just don’t ping your friend and open his chats for a long time, there’s a possibility that the person might have removed you now.
So, when any friend of yours removes you from their Snapchat friend list, their name will start appearing in the recent list. With the help of this, you will get to know that this person has removed me, and you can contact them again and form a good relationship.
How To Clear Your “Recent” On Snapchat
So, in case you guys want to delete your recent (everything chats and messages) that you have received and sent, you’ll need to remove your Snapchat history first. So, let’s find out how you can clear recent on your phone:
- First of all, find Snapchat in your applications.
- Click on your Bitmoji at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now search the settings icon and open it.
- Scroll down and find “Clear Conversations” under the privacy section. Once you find it, tap on it.
- After you enter the “Clear Conversations” section, you will see the “X” icon, which is next to every conversation.
- Now click on each “X” next to the conversation you want to remove.
- If you want to remove all the conversations and chats, you can see the “Clear all” option on the top of your mobile screen.
- Click on it here you go! All your recents will be removed!
Snapchat is basically among the most popular platforms, with 332 million active users. It comes up with many automated features for you, including the Snapchat recent feature, which secures your search history, old messages, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
To head over to your Snapchat recent, follow these steps:
1) Download Snapchat and log in to your account.
2) Hit the settings icon.
3) Now scroll down and find “my data.”
4) Select “Submit Request” from the bottom of the screen.
5) You will receive a confirmation email about your request.
6) Open Gmail.
7) Find an email from Team Snapchat.
8) Tap on the “click here.”
9) Enter your credentials again.
10) Scroll down again and arrive at the part “Your Data Is Ready.”
11) Click on the link below.
12) Another page will open up now, and select “more.”
13) Save your data and open the file.
Now, you can easily preview your Snapchat History.
If you see that this person was in my recent a day ago, where did it go? So listen up! When someone blocks you on Snapchat, their username is deleted from the recent list. Moreover, they won’t even appear in your recent conversations. If you try searching their names on Snapchat, you won’t be able to find them as well.