Snapchat had its humble beginnings in 2011 as a straightforward picture-sharing application. It gave a revolutionary boost to the one-time picture-sharing idea. Since then, Snapchat has evolved into an innovative and entertaining application.
Besides sharing quick and fun snaps with your friends, you can discover people across the globe using the Maps feature. You can view Spotlight video reels posted by your favorite celebrities, share stories, and much more.
However, if you wonder how many people see your snaps or your Snapchat Stories, you will find the solution to that problem here. Here, you will get no-fuss answers on finding how many times someone sees a snap or a story.
Follow these step-by-step solutions and be done in a few moments. Let’s begin.
Snaps are quick pictures you take that you send to your contacts on Snapchat. Snaps are a fun and creative way to share your life’s highlight moments with your friends and family. They come with literally millions of filters and lenses that make your snaps fun and entertaining.
Snapchat Stories are videos and pictures that you choose to share with people on Snapchat for a duration of a maximum of 24 hours. In these 24 hours, anyone can see your Snapchat Story any number of times they want to.
Anyone, who is a Snapchat user can see your Stories unless you choose not to allow them. However, your Snaps can only be seen by the people you send them to.
How Can You See How Many Times Someone Views Your Snap?
To find out how many times someone sees your snap, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your device. Log in using your credentials.
- Make a Snap and send it to your contacts.
- Tap on the Chat button at the bottom of the screen. If a contact has seen your snap, you will see opened written right next to their Bitmoji.
- If someone wishes to see your snap for a second time, you will receive a push notification as soon as they replay it. You will get to know that the person has replayed your snap.
Anyone can choose to view your snaps a maximum of 2 times and not more than that. They can either view it once and see the action in Step 3. They may not see it at all, in which case you will see the word ‘delivered’ written right next to their icon in chats.
How Can You See How Many Times Someone Views Your Snapchat Story?
Unfortunately, there is no clear-cut way to see who has seen your Snapchat Story multiple times or how many times. However, there is a DIY hack you can use to find out whether there is someone has seen your Story multiple times or not.
Follow the step-by-step method given below to determine how many persons have seen your story. You will also get to know how you can figure out that someone has been viewing your story multiple times.
- Log in using your credentials (email address and password).
- On the screen, tap on the profile icon on the top-left corner.
- Now, on the new screen, you will see the number of viewers of your story under the My Story section. It will be next to the eye icon.
- Once all your contacts have seen your Snapchat Story, take a screenshot of your viewer’s list.
- After a while, say 4-5 hours, take another screenshot.
- Now compare the position of all contacts on the list.
- If someone’s name moved higher than before, it means that they have seen your story again or maybe multiple more times.
For this method to work, you must check your viewer’s list and keep screenshotting it. It may look a bit laborious and cumbersome, but it is the only method that works for now.
Currently, this method is the only way to find out whether someone sees your story multiple times or not. There is no way to find out how many times they have seen your story. Since Snapchat puts a great deal of emphasis on privacy, it may introduce a new feature soon. The new update may allow you to determine how many people saw your story again.
In this article, we learned about what are Snaps and Snapchat Stories. We also learned how we can find out the number of times someone sees out Snaps. We also discussed a vague method to figure out whether someone sees your story multiple times or not.
Currently, a Snap can only be seen a maximum of 2 times. There is no such limit on viewing a person’s story. And that’s it. You can know what you came here for. Snapchat is constantly developing new and innovative features. We may not know what the next update will bring.
Until then, stay tuned for the latest tech-related updates.
Yes, you can. You quickly change your story settings and choose to display your story only to your chosen contacts by blocking the unwanted ones.
Yes, you can do both of these. You can quickly delete your story from the My Story section. However, if you delete a Snap, your contacts will be able to see that you sent a snap and then deleted it.
Yes, just like your Snaps, you will get to know if someone screenshots your story. You will see the number of screenshots next to the viewer’s list in the My Story section.