If you’re a gaming fan or are part of a gaming community on Discord, you’ve likely heard of or played Osu. Osu is a popular rhythm game about clicking circles to a music beat.
The tools involved in the game are classified into three: circles, spinners, and sliders. The game’s objective is for players to tap on these tools in time for the beat.
Streaming Osu on Discord is an awesome fun or game night activity. It’s also an excellent way to create engagement and encourage people to join your server. Streaming Osu in Discord is straightforward.
Download and install the Voicemeeter app. After restarting your PC, open the Voicemeeter app. Next, you need to add the Osu to Discord. Launch Osu and the Discord desktop app. On Discord, join the voice channel server where you want to stream Osu. Click the screen share icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Adjust the streaming settings and click “Go Live.”
Read to the end to learn how to stream Osu on Discord and to fix the Osu audio problem so your audience can hear the game.
Overview of Streaming Osu on Discord
Discord was initially developed as a platform for online gamers, which explains its popularity among gamers. Its native streaming features, like screen sharing, allow users to stream and participate in various activities, including gaming nights with friends and server members.
Osu is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a fun and interactive game to stream with Discord friends. As the introduction notes, Osu has four standard modes: “Osu!Standard,” “Osu!Catch,” “Osu!Taiko” and “Osu!Mania.” “Osu!Standard” is the game’s flagship mode and the most popular.
Each mode has a beat map that a player is supposed to react to by clicking on different items. Each mode has varying beats, meaning different song lengths, including marathons exceeding 7 minutes and typical TV-length songs.
Osu is interactive and fun, and the different level challenges make it ideal for and game night with Discord friends. But without further ado, let’s discuss the exact steps to stream Osu on Discord.
Step-by-Step Guide to Streaming Osu on Discord
Streaming Osu on Discord involves different steps. These steps are sectioned into three parts, as detailed below.
The first step is to download and install Voicemeeter. Voicemeeter is an audio signal and sound card processing system for PCs.
Because Osu doesn’t transmit audio when you stream, you’ll need Voicemeeter to capture your PC’s audio and send it to Discord for streaming. Follow the steps below.
- Download and install Voicemeeter on your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Launch Voicemeeter.
- Voicemeeter should automatically capture your PC’s audio.
After adjusting the audio, the next step is to add Osu to your Discord app for streaming. You can access games installed on your PC through Discord’s library home tab. This will allow you to add the game for convenient streaming. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Discord PC app.
- Click the gear settings icon.
- Scroll down the “User Settings” menu until you reach the “Activity Privacy” tab. Click on it.
- Slide the toggle next to “Display current activity as a status message.”
- Open the “Registered Games” tab and click the “Add it!” button.
- Click the dropdown arrow to view the list of games.
- Select Osu from the list and click “Add Game.”
- Click “X” at the top-right corner to revert to the home screen.
Now that you’ve fixed the Osu audio output and added it to your Discord games library, the next step is to begin streaming. Follow the steps below.
- Launch Osu on your PC.
- Next, open the Discord desktop app.
- Click on the server where you want to stream Osu.
- Click on the voice channel you want to join.
- Click the screen share icon at the lower-left corner of your screen below the “Voice Connected” notification.
- Open the “Applications” tab in the popup window and click on the panel showing the Osu game.
- Adjust the quality and resolution settings to your preference.
- Click the blue “Go Live” button at the bottom-right corner of the popup window.
Confirm that the Osu game you’re playing on your PC is visible to your channel audience.
Streaming Osu can initially seem complicated; however, after understanding the apps and the correct steps, streaming this game on Discord should be relatively easy.
The first step to streaming Osu on Discord is to fix the game’s audio through the Voicemeeter app. After, add the game to your Discord. Finally, launch the game, join a channel, and click the screen share icon to start streaming.