Amazon Prime is among the largest and most popular streaming services in the entertainment world. When you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can extend the fun to your Discord server by streaming Amazon Prime on Discord.
That way, members of your server can enjoy the fun and entertainment of streaming a movie or TV show. Today’s post will focus on everything about streaming Amazon Prime on Discord.
You can stream Amazon Prime using the browser or its application. So, start by opening the Amazon Prime application or accessing it on your browser, then log in. Find the movie you want to stream, then open the Discord desktop application. Navigate to User Settings -> “Game Activity” and tap on the “Add it” option. Select the browser you use or the Amazon Prime application and click the Add Game option. Access your server and start streaming.
Streaming Amazon Prime on Discord is a straightforward task. We will cover the steps you should follow and offers a few tips for troubleshooting the streaming when you encounter a blank screen.
How To Stream Amazon Prime on Discord
You can enjoy thousands of movies in your comfort with an Amazon Prime subscription. Besides, you can access music videos, TV shows, etc., without facing any ads. It gets better since you can link Amazon Prime to your Discord account and stream a movie on your server.
You will be amazed at how simple the process is. Take a look!
- Start by accessing your Amazon Prime account via the browser or the Amazon Prime application.
- Once logged in, find the content you wish to play, but don’t start yet.
- Open your Discord desktop application and access your Discord account.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Under the “Activity Settings” section, click on the “Registered Games” option.
- Click on the “Add It!” option.
- From the drop-down list, select the browser you are using to access your Amazon Prime account or click on the Amazon Prime application.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on the “Add Game” option.
- Click on the “X” icon to exit the settings section.
- Find your streaming server where Amazon Prime has been added.
- Click the “Screen” option next to it.
- Adjust your streaming settings, including the frame rate and the resolution.
- Once you’ve made your preferences, click the “Go Live” button.
That’s it. You can start the movie from the browser or the Amazon Prime application. Members of your server can stream the movie with you. Still, you can invite other friends to join you in the streaming fun.
Although the above steps should work properly, sometimes you may notice that Amazon Prime displays a black screen hindering your streaming on Discord. If you encounter this error, try the fixes in the next section.
How To Fix Black Screen on Amazon Prime on Discord
There are multiple explanations for the black screen on Discord, so you can’t tell the exact cause of this error. Hence, it would help if you tried multiple fixes until you got a solution for your case. Try the following.
Use an Updated Discord Application
An outdated Discord application is likely to encounter more errors when using it. Suppose you use an outdated Discord application to stream Amazon Prime. You should update the Discord application to check if that fixes the problem of the black screen on Discord.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Most people enable hardware acceleration when streaming on Discord from their browser. The impact is that by boosting processor usage using this method, you can negatively affect your streaming on Discord and be the reason you have a black screen on Discord.
Let’s see how to disable hardware acceleration on Firefox and Chrome.
- Open the Firefox browser
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top, then click on “Settings.“
- Scroll to the “Performance” section.
- Find the option for “Use recommended performance settings” and uncheck it.
- Find the option for “Use hardware acceleration” and uncheck it.
- Restart Firefox and repeat the earlier steps for streaming Amazon Prime on Discord
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Next, click the “Settings” option at the bottom.
- If needed, tap the option for “Advanced” option, then click on “System.“
- Locate the option for hardware acceleration and disable it.
- Lastly, click the relaunch button.
With that, repeat the steps for streaming on Discord and see if that fixes the black screen.
Close Background Applications
Having multiple background applications on your device can also contribute to the black screen on Discord. So, consider closing unnecessary applications running in the background to ensure Discord launches successfully.
With the three solutions, you should have managed to get rid of the black screen on Discord and successfully stream your movie. Ensure that you repeat the steps after each solution to connect your streaming source to Discord and see if the solution worked.
This guide has explained all the steps to follow when you want to stream Amazon Prime on Discord. The process is simple, and you can stream using the Amazon Prime application or access the Amazon Prime website and login into your account. Hopefully, you managed to stream on Discord.