Are you looking for some exposure as a gamer? Twitch might be the place to get it. Let gamers know you’re live on Twitch via Discord.
But how to go about it?
You’ll need to link Discord to an existing Twitch account. Go to user settings and click on “Connections.” Click the right arrow icon and select the “Twitch” icon. Discord will take you to Twitch. Return to the “Connections” page and turn on the “Display on profile” toggle. You’ll also need to toggle on “Streamer mode.”
A detailed guide will make it easier. Let’s discuss how you can show other Discordians that you’re live on Twitch.
How To Appear As Streaming on Twitch on Discord?
You may have noticed that Discord flawlessly integrates with different social platforms if you’ve been using it to interact with your friends. The integrable feature enhances users’ overall experience.
Twitch and Discord are great platforms for gamers or streamers. Linking the two accounts takes the streaming and gaming experience a notch higher. You get to enjoy the streaming perks the two platforms offer:
- Discord will help you get closer to your Twitch subscribers. They can join your server, and you can join theirs.
- Twitch integration is an effective self-promotion gimmick. You can use it to grow your Discord.
So, how do you show your Twitch subscribers that you are streaming through Discord?
Linking Discord to Twitch
You can link Twitch to Discord via Discord mobile, desktop, or Web. The integration will take a two-step approach.
The first phase occurs on your Discord. But you’ll have to finish the process on your Twitch account.
Here’s how to accomplish Twitch integration on Your Discord and show other Discordians that you’re live on Twitch.
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Connections.”
- Tap the “Add” button in the top right corner.
- Locate and tap the Twitch button.
- The tap will take you to a Twitch login page. Enter your details and log in. You may get an authorize pop-up. Tap the “Authorize” button.
- Return to Discord’s “Connections” settings and turn on “Display on profile.”
Turn off “Streamer Mode” if you can’t see the connections on the “Connections” page. But you’ll have to turn it on after the integration process. The buttons let you have undisturbed streaming sessions.
Follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your PC.
- Tap the gear icon at the bottom left.
- Tap “Connections” under the “My Account” header.
- Tap the right arrow at the top.
- Select the Twitch icon.
- You’ll get a login prompt if you haven’t logged in to your Twitch account. Log in to authorize the connections. Otherwise, Discord will automatically connect to your Twitch.
- Hit the “Authorize” button.
- Go back to the “Connections” settings on Discord and toggle on the “Display on profile” button.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Discord and log in.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom.
- Locate “Connections” under the “My Account” section.
- Tap the arrow button.
- Select Twitch.
- Discord will redirect you to a login page if you haven’t logged in to your Twitch. Log in to complete the integration process.
- Tap the “Authorize” button.
- Turn on “Display on profile” on the “Connections” page.
Remember to turn on “Streamer mode.” Discord will not show you’re streaming if you turn off “Streamer mode. “Streamer Moder” will also:
- Conceal pop-up notifications
- Hide invite links
- Hide personal information
- Mute notifications
You also need to set your Discord profile as “Online.” Once you hit the “Live” button on Twitch, you’ll appear as streaming on Discord.
People can easily find your Twitch channel on Discord or the Discord server on Twitch. You can also access and interact with your Twitch subscribers on Discord.
Connecting Discord Server to Twitch
You can integrate Twitch into your server with these steps:
- Open Discord on your device.
- Select the server.
- Click the menu icon beside the server’s name.
- Select “Server Settings.”
- Go to “Integrations.”
- You’ll see a “Twitch Integration” on the next page.
- Click the “Twitch Integration” button to sync your Twitch to your server.
Connecting your Discord server to Twitch increases its exposure. It will also build your audience on Twitch. You can also utilize Twitch emotes on the server.
But you’ll have to turn on the “Use External Emoji” button. Open the “Server Settings.” Go to “Roles” and turn on “Use External Emoji.”
You can increase your viewership on Twitch and Discord by linking the two. The integration also enhances your streaming features on both platforms.
You and your server members can use Twitch emotes if you go ahead and connect your Discord server to your Twitch account. Generally, the integration increases your visibility and streaming experience.
Yes, you can. Go to your Discord and access the “User Settings.” Go to the “My Account” section and click “Connections.” Tap the “X” symbol on the “Twitch Integration” bar. Tap “Disconnect.”
Open your Discord and access the “Users Settings” page. Scroll to “Streamer Mode” and enable it.