Earlier, Instagram used to chronologically arrange the list of Instagram followers based on the day they started following a person. However, an update made in 2021 discarded this, and currently, the new arrangement of followers is pretty random.
So, how can you see who the last person someone followed on Instagram is? Unfortunately, there is no direct way of achieving that. The option you have is to use third-party tools to track someone’s activity and rank their followers. The bad news is that you may incur additional costs for an effective result as not all tools are free.
We’ll cover two tools, a chrome extension and an online tool that you can use to see who the last follower is. With any of these methods, you should have success seeing who the last person your target person followed is. Sounds exciting? Let’s get started!
How To See Someone’s Recent Instagram Followers
It’s normal to get curious about whose someone’s recent follower is. It could be your friend or partner that you want to check who is the last person they followed.
If you open their Instagram profile, the displayed list is random; unlike earlier, you can’t rely on it.
Luckily, we will present two methods you can use to get a specific result. Take a look!
Method #1: Use Snoopreport
What is Snoopreport? It is an Instagram online tracker that allows users to analyze who someone’s recent follower is by giving a weekly report of the activities of the target Instagram profile. The bad news is that the app is paid for.
Nonetheless, it is effective, and if you are dying to know someone’s recent follower, you shouldn’t let the price stop you.
Follow the steps below to use Snoopreport:
- Open your browser and navigate to Snoopreport.
- If it’s your first time, click the “Sign-Up” button or “Log In” if you are already registered.
- Enter your email and create a password in the respective fields.
- Confirm your password, then click the Terms and Conditions check box to affirm you agree with the usage terms of the tool.
- Next, click the “Sign-Up” button.
- A new dashboard will open. Click the “Add Account” at the top and click the “Buy Subscription” option on the next screen.
- Select the payment plan that best suit you, enter your payment details, and click the “Subscribe” button once done.
- Once you’ve subscribed, locate the “Add Account” and click on it again.
- A pop-up window will appear asking for the target account. Here, enter the IG Username of the person you wish to know who their recent follower is. Ensure you type the username correctly.
- Once you’ve double-checked their username, click the “Check” button at the bottom.
- Wait for Snoopreport to create a result report.
- Once created, an “Activity Report” will appear on your dashboard. Click on it.
- You will see a list of all the followers. Locate and click the “New Follows”. It will list all the recent people your target person followed.
Bingo! You’ve successfully seen who the recent follower of your target person is. Better, you will get a weekly report for the same until your subscription ends. Interesting, right? What if you can’t afford the subscription? Check out the next method below.
Method #2: Use IGExport
IGExport is a Chrome extension that allows you to monitor the recent followers of your target person. Unlike Snoopreport, it is free but doesn’t give any weekly report. Still, you will get your results.
Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Google Web Store to install IGExport.
- Once you click on it, click the “Add to Chrome” option on the new page.
- On the pop-up that appears next, click the “Add Extension” option.
- You will note a puzzle-like icon on your Chrome toolbar indicating the extension was installed successfully.
- Log into your Instagram account from a new tab.
- Navigate to your list of followers and search for the target person.
- Once their username load, click on it to open their profile.
- Right-click on their username to copy it.
- On your Chrome toolbar, click the IGExport extension that we added before.
- Paste their username in the box and click on “Following”.
- Click “Export Following” to generate a report.
- You will note a new list generated once the page reloads. The people at the top of the list are recent followers.
- To save the report, click the “Download Following” button at the top.
That’s it. You now know who’s the last person someone followed on Instagram. You can repeat the methods if you wish to check other people too. Besides, the method is free, and you have the freedom to use it whenever necessary.
People follow new people on Instagram easily, and we understand if you are curious to know who the last person your target person followed is.
Instagram has no official way to let you achieve that, but we’ve seen two methods you can use to achieve the same. One is free, and the other is paid. Feel free to try either of the methods or both.