You chose the perfect song for your Instagram video. Then, you download it – maybe to save it on your phone or share it on WhatsApp. And the song is gone! You are left with only the downloaded video.
There are three ways to ensure that your Instagram videos are not downloaded and saved without music:
1) Save Instagram Videos on Phone Using Apps
2) Save Instagram Videos on Phone Using Websites
3) Shoot Instagram Videos on Phone While Playing Music
Now, let’s show you the steps for these three ways, along with some handy tips.
You can save Instagram videos on your phone either through a third-party app, a website or by using music from your phone. Here’s how each of these methods work.
You will find loads of apps for both Android and Apple on the Play Store or Apple Store that will help you save stories with music. All you need to do is choose the right app for the job.
Though there are slight differences in how each app works, here’s a general idea of the steps to follow:
- Install your chosen app on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your Instagram account.
- You will see all the stories and posts you have uploaded.
- Tap to see any story or post that you plan to download and save.
- Tap on the download icon on the side to save it.
Your Instagram video will be saved in a separate folder in your gallery.
Remember that you will give the app limited access to your Instagram profile and your phone’s gallery. Beware of fake and fraudulent apps! Read the reviews about the app before you choose it.
Method #2: Save Instagram Videos on Phone Using Websites
Like apps, you will find loads of websites online that can help you download videos with music from Instagram. Again, the steps differ slightly from one site to another. So, here is a general outline of how it works:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Copy the link to the story or post.
- Open the browser and go to your chosen site.
- Paste your copied link and click on download.
- The video will be downloaded on your device.
If you want to copy your story or post link, click on the three dots present in the top right corner of the story or post. Give it a second, and you will find the message ‘link copied’ on your screen.
Method #3: Shoot Instagram Videos on Phone While Playing Music
You have nothing to worry about saving videos with music as long as you have an app on your phone that plays music. It can be Apple Music, Spotify, or anything else.
Given below are the steps to follow for this method of saving Instagram videos on your phone:
- Open your music app and choose the song you want.
- Pause the song a little before at the point you want for the video.
- Open your Instagram account.
- Go to the post or story option.
- From the drop-down window, play the song that you had paused.
- Start shooting the video from your Instagram account.
Your video will have the song playing in the background when you post. Now, you can download the story or post as usual, and the song will not be deleted.
So, you have three choices now to save Instagram videos. You can get an app, visit a site, or shoot videos using Instagram. Which one are you planning to opt for?
Frequently Asked Questions
The song is gone when you download Instagram stories. You are left with only the downloaded photo/video.
You will find plenty of apps on the Play Store or Apple Store. Remember to choose wisely!