Telegram is a popular messaging platform that boasts of being the most secure protocol among its competitors.
Telegram stands out for its group chats feature because it allows users to create larger groups with up to 200,000 members, which no other messaging app offers.
You can invite people to join your group chat by sending an invitation link. Anyone with a link can conveniently join your group. Do you want to know how?
Tap on the invite link that you received. The Telegram app with the group window will pop up. Tap the “Join” button at the bottom to become a group member.
Let’s explore how to get a Telegram group link to share with others and join any group using that link.
How To Share Telegram Group Invite
On Telegram, you can create two kinds of groups; private and public. Private groups have private content viewable to the members only. These can only be joined using the invitation link.
Conversely, anyone can join a public group without the link through an in-app keyword search. They are open to everyone, and everyone can see the chat history openly.
Follow these steps to create and share a Telegram invite link for a private group. The steps may vary depending on your device and app version.
- Launch Telegram mobile app.
- Find the group chat you want to create and share the invite link.
- On the group chat window, tap on the group’s image or avatar in the top right corner.
- Now, tap the “Add Member” option, then “Invite to Group via Link.”
- You can see the invitation link on your screen. Tap the “Copy Link” option to copy the link to your clipboard and share it with your friends.
- Alternatively, you can tap “Share Link” and select the app from the featured apps to share it with your friends there.
- Launch the Telegram app.
- Go to the desired group and open the chat.
- Tap on the group name on top.
- Now, tap the “Add Members” option, then “Invite to Group via Link.”
- You will see the invite link to the group, press “Copy” to copy the link to the clipboard to share anywhere.
- Alternatively, tap the “Share” button to select the app to share your invitation link.
- Open Telegram on your browser and scan the QR code to log in.
- Find the desired group chat from the list, and click on it.
- Click on the chat name on top and then select the “Link” button on the pop-up to copy the link to share anywhere.
Only the group admin can share the invitation link of a private group. On the contrary, anyone can share a public group invitation link, not necessarily the group admin.
How To Share Public Group Invite Link
Follow these steps to share the public group invite link.
- Find the group in your chats.
- Tap on the group image at the top right.
- Now, press the “Edit” button on top.
- Tap on the link under the “Invite Links.”
- The link will be copied to your clipboard to share with others.
- Open the public group chat.
- Tap on the group name on top.
- Tap on the “Invite Link.”
- Next, tap “Copy Link” to copy the link to the clipboard to share anywhere.
How To Accept Telegram Group Invitation
Once you have received the Telegram group link shared by anyone following the steps above, you can join the group by accepting the invitation.
- Tap on the invitation link sent to you. The Telegram app will open with the group chat.
- Hit the “Join Group” button to join the group chat conveniently.
You must have a Telegram account before joining a group via the invitation link.
Other Ways To Join a Telegram Group Without a Link
You can also join a public group chat on Telegram without the link.
- You can search in-app for keywords to find the group related to the desired topic.
- You can search for public groups and channels on any Telegram repository website.
- Alternatively, you can find public groups from the channels of the groups.
When you find the desired group chat, tap on the “Join” button to become a member.
Telegram group chats are superb places to gather people with common interests to interact. You can create public and private Telegram groups.
Once you have created the group, you must get the group invite link to share with people anywhere you want, even outside on any social media platform.
The person who receives the link can join your group by clicking on it, provided they have a Telegram account.