Instagram recently introduced the green screen effect that allows users to unlock the Hollywood magic feeling when setting up a background on Instagram. The feature is popular with Instagram reels, and with the green effect, you can play with various virtual backgrounds.
The feature is too awesome to miss, and if you’ve not had a taste of it, we got your back.
You can easily access the green screen on Instagram from the “browse effects” section of your profile. The steps are easy, and you can bookmark the green screen for easy feature retrieval. The green screen is available with the other Instagram features, but if you’ve never used it before, we will discuss the steps to go about it.
Instagram has plenty of features, and staying updated is necessary. We’ll cover what the green screen feature on Instagram is. Furthermore, we will see how to activate and use it for your videos. Lastly, we will discuss commonly asked questions about the green screen effect on Instagram. Stick around and learn more.
What is the Green Screen on Instagram?
If you are a fan of Hollywood, then you already love and enjoy the cool background setting of the movie scenes. How it works is that while shooting the movie, the theatres use a green background.
Once all is done, they replace the green background with a virtual background to make it seem like that was the actual setting for the movie.
That’s the same concept as the green screen on Instagram. With Instagram, the green screen lets you appear in a virtual background for your video, and you can use different images or movies for the same background.
With this cool feature, you get to act as a pro editor for your video, and if you are a content creator, especially for the reels, you will love this feature.
How To Do Green Screen on Instagram
Are you curious about how to add the green screen for your Instagram videos? The steps below will guide you:
- Open your Instagram app from your device and click on your profile picture at the top corner.
- Locate and click on “Story.”
- Scroll down to the “Browse Effects” and click on it.
- Click the search icon and search for the “Green Screen.”
- Different options will display. Select the “Green Screen by Instagram.” It should be the first option on the list.
- To access the effect later, ensure you bookmark it, which saves it in your camera effects. With the effect downloaded, you can proceed with the steps below to use it for your Instagram videos or other fun.
- Navigate to your Story page.
- Scroll through the filters and locate and click the circle with the Green Screen filter. A green background will pop as your background.
- To create a catchier background, click the “Add Media” and upload any video or photo you wish to use, then position yourself on the screen.
- Optionally, you can record the video by holding the “Record” button.
You now understand what the green screen on Instagram is and how to create fun using it for your videos.
Using the Green Screen with Instagram Reels
There are Instagram content creators who use the green screen for their reels. The process is similar to the one we covered above, with few differences.
The steps below should guide you on adding the green screen effect for your next Instagram reel:
- Open your Instagram app and log into your account
- From the homepage, click the “Your Story” at the top. On the next screen, click the “Reels” at the bottom.
- On the left side of the panel, locate and click the “Effects” button.
- Scroll down and click on the “Browse Effects” button, and once the search box appears, search for “Green Screen Instagram” and click on it once it shows up.
- At the bottom, click the “Download” button to save the filter. That’s it! It’s time to add the effect to your reels.
- Go back to the camera page and then to the Reels function.
- Locate and click the “Add Media” button.
- Select a video to use as your background.
- Finally, record your reel using the virtual background created thanks to the green screen effect on Instagram.
Have you tried out the green screen effect on Instagram? We’ve covered everything you need to know about it, including how to use it to create a virtual background for your videos or reels. Instagram offers amazing effects, and you will appreciate how amazing the green screen on Instagram can be.
Frequently Asked Questions
The green screen is a new effect introduced by Instagram, giving users a pro editing feature. The main catch is how you can create virtual backgrounds for your Instagram reels or videos, as discussed in the article.
If you have that funny video or picture that you wish to use as the background for your reels or video, Instagram got your back. The new green screen allows users to choose any virtual background, whether a video or picture. However, the audio won’t play.
To find and use the green screen on Instagram, you must download it from the effects section. While on Instagram, navigate to Your Story > Effects > Browse Effects. From there, search for the “Green Screen by Instagram” and click on it to download. You can then add it when creating videos or reels.