It’s not uncommon to see users posting inappropriate comments on other users’ videos. TikTok attracts different types of users with different personalities and values since it’s a popular video-sharing platform. Can one delete any comment on your TikTok?
TikTok allows you to remove an inappropriate comment on your TikTok video. It’s also possible to remove your comment once you’ve posted it on a TikTok video. Click and hold the comment to delete it. Once deleted, you can’t undo the deletion. If you desire to remove another user’s comment, locate the video, click the comments icon, go to the specific comment, and tap Delete.
Deleting offensive or spammy comments on your TikTok video is a straightforward process. Let’s delve deeper and discuss how you can delete unwanted comments posted on your video.
Different Ways To Delete TikTok Comments
TikTok created a feature that lets you remove comments on your TikTok. You can report or do the moderation yourself. But you can only remove comments on your videos or comments you wrote yourself.
Here are the different ways to do it.
Deleting a Single Comment on Your TikTok
Delete a single comment on your video by following these steps.
- Open your TikTok app.
- Click the Profile button.
- Locate the video that contains the unwanted comment.
- Click the video and select the Comment icon (Chat bubble) on the right.
- Scroll to the unwanted comment.
- Long-press the comment
- A menu will pop on your screen. Tap Delete.
- On the confirmation window, click the Delete comment option.
Click the Report button if the user violated TikTok’s community guidelines. TikTok will remove the comment from your video.
You can also remove a comment via browser. Eliminate a single comment on your TikTok if you’re browsing TikTok on your browser as follows.
- Log in to your TikTok via the browser.
- Move your pointer to the Person icon on the top right part of the screen.
- Tap View profile.
- Go to the video and scroll to the comment.
- Move your mouse to the comment. Select the Menu icon.
- Tap Delete.
Deleting Multiple Unwanted Comments on a Single Video
It’s possible to remove multiple comments at the same time. Here is how to do it.
- Open TikTok and tap the Profile icon at the bottom part of For Your screen.
- Go to and click the video that contains the unwanted comments.
- Click the Comment button.
- Press the Pencil symbol on the upper section of the comment screen. Empty circles will appear beside each comment.
- Scroll through the comments. Tap the circle each time you see an offensive comment.
- You’ll see a checkmark each time you select a comment.
- Once done selecting the comments, click the Delete button.
- A confirmation window will show up on the screen. Click Delete to confirm the deletion.
- Open your TikTok.
- Click the Me icon to access your profile.
- Click the video with the multiple comments you intend to delete.
- Move your pointer and hit the Comment icon on your right.
- Long-press the first comment until a Menu appears on your comments screen.
- Select Manage Multiple Comment.
- Click Next and choose the comments.
- Once done, click Delete.
- Confirm it by tapping Delete on the confirmation screen.
You can only remove up to a hundred comments at a time.
Deleting Your Comment
Did you notice a typo in your comment? Don’t fret. You can delete, edit, and repost back to the comments thread. Here is how to remove the comment you made on a TikTok video.
- Go to your TikTok.
- Navigate to the video.
- Scroll to your comment.
- Long-press the comment.
- A window will show up on your screen. Select Delete.
Tap Copy to edit the comment. Go back to the comment, long-press it, and tap Delete. You have to copy the comment to the comment box, edit it, and repost the comment.
- Open TikTok and tap the Profile button.
- Click the three-lined Menu on your profile page.
- Tap the Settings and privacy option.
- Click Privacy.
- Scroll to and tap the Comments header.
- Click the Followers that you follow back or No one options.
You can control who can leave comments on your videos. If you’re too sensitive to offensive comments, restrict the comment section to people you know or close friends. To do this,
TikTok gives you moderation authority. You can moderate how people comment on your posts. If you see any offensive comment on your post, delete it. It is easy and quick to delete your comment or inappropriate comments posted on your TikTok video. You can delete one or multiple comments. You can limit people who can leave comments on your posts.
Yes, they can. Especially if there were a few comments or you had replies underneath your comment. Your username will still appear if there are replies under your comment. They will see your username but no comment.