Twitter is popularly known for allowing users to express their views in a few characters. Knowing how important it is to keep your details secured online, the platform allows you to connect your email address to your Twitter account.
If you change your email later, it’s important also to let it reflect on your Twitter account. That way, you won’t miss any vital information about your Twitter account. If you are wondering how to change your email on Twitter, this article is for you.
To change your email, go to Twitter settings and select “Account Information.” Next, enter your password, and click on the “Email” option. Finally, click “Update email address” and submit the request.
When changing your email address on Twitter, there are certain things you need to know. Besides, changing your email on Twitter might offer some benefits.
All of these aspects will be explored fully in this guide. Keep reading to find out.
The Importance of Linking Your Email to Your Twitter
An email allows you to send and receive information over the internet. If you have been observant, you will notice that many social platforms require you to connect your account with your email.
That’s because an email is a secure and authentic way of sending information.
Twitter is a platform where you might need to submit your email address. While it may look like the app is asking for too much, it has many advantages.
First, linking your email to your Twitter account ensures you are up to date with activities on your account, even if you don’t visit the site often.
Also, should you forget the password to your account, you can always recover it through your email address.
However, some situations demand that you change your email address. Perhaps you just changed jobs, or you got tired of your old email, and you need to open a new one.
In addition, you might notice that someone is tampering with your account. If you find yourself in any of these situations, there are easy ways to change your email on Twitter.
How To Change Your Email Address on the Twitter Desktop Version?
To change your email address using the Twitter desktop version, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Twitter on your favorite browser.
- Click the “More” option on the left side of the screen.
- Select “Settings and Support” from the list.
- Click on “Settings and privacy.”
- Click on “Account information” on the right.
- Enter your password in the space box provided, and click “Confirm” below.
- Click on “Email.”
- Click “Update email address.”
- Enter your password and click “Next.”
- Enter your new email address and click “Next” below.
- Copy the verification code from your new email.
- Go back to your Twitter and enter the code in the space provided under “We sent you a code.”
- Click “Verify” at the bottom.
How To Change Your Email Address on the Twitter Mobile App?
To change your email address using the Twitter mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter app on your mobile device.
- Click on the profile picture in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings and Support.”
- Select “Settings and privacy.”
- Select “Your account.”
- Tap the “Account information” option.
- Tap on “Email.”
- Enter your Twitter password in the space provided, and tap “Next” at the bottom.
- Enter your new email address and hit “Next.”
- Enter the code sent to the email you entered.
- Tap on “Verify” below.
Twitter requires you to connect your email address with the app to share information.
Also, linking your email to your Twitter account helps you recover your account quickly if you forget your password.
If you want to update your email address on Twitter for one reason or another, the steps in this guide will put you through.
Twitter doesn’t allow you to have multiple accounts associated with the same email. However, you can change the email address associated with an existing account.