Multiple social media accounts come in handy when segmenting your online persona. Being on TikTok is no different! You may want a public account for creating your own content, making duets, and getting famous, and maybe another to sneakily follow your ex without them finding out. Whatever the reason might be, you must be wondering how many accounts does TikTok allow?
TikTok allows up to three accounts on one device, but each account must have a unique phone number or email.
With the new algorithm, getting your content seen is becoming harder unless you already have a large following. Especially for businesses and budding entertainers, having more than one account has become necessary.
We’ll explain how to set up multiple TikTok accounts and manage them without issues.
How To Create a Second or Third TikTok Account
You have two options to create a new TikTok account on a device using one TikTok app. You can either:
- Log out of your current account in the app and sign up for a new one using a different phone number or email address.
- Create a new account without logging out from the current account.
The 2nd option is more convenient since you can switch from one account to another without giving any additional information.
Here is how to do it:
- Open the TikTok app on your device and tap on Me or Profile at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on your account username just above your profile picture on the profile page. It’ll open the list of TikTok accounts used on your device. You’ll see it here if you’ve already logged into another TikTok account.
- Tap on the Add account in the account list. It’ll lead you to the page with the Sign up button. Now, you can either sign up for a new account or tap on the Me icon, which will prompt you to log in to an existing account.
- To sign up for a new account, tap on the bright Sign up button and choose the option to register a new account. You can either sign up with your phone number or email address. If you wish to use your Facebook account or Google account to sign up, tap on those buttons.
- Now, you need to enter all the necessary details like username, password, date of birth, gender, etc., and tap on Continue.
- You will be asked to verify your phone number or email address. Tap on “Verify via SMS” or “Verify via email” and enter the verification code you receive.
You have successfully created a new TikTok account. You can repeat the same process to create a third account.
When you create multiple TikTok accounts on one device, TikTok changes one of your account’s statuses to a business. It may not be a big deal, but some users say that business accounts don’t get as much reach as regular personal accounts unless you’re paying for ads.
When you have multiple accounts, hopping from one to another on one device can be a bit frustrating, but not in TikTok. Since the app officially allows multiple accounts, you can switch profiles with just a few taps without putting in your username and passwords every time. All you have to do is:
- Tap on the Profile or Me icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the username of your current account just above the profile picture. It’ll open the list of TikTok accounts associated with your device.
- Tap on the account you want to switch to.
That’s it! You have successfully switched between accounts without any hassle.
You won’t need to enter the password while switching accounts if you have already saved the password for those accounts.
TikTok allows up to three accounts on one device so if you have been thinking about creating a second or third account, go ahead without hesitation.
With the convenience of having completely separate profile pages and feeds, you’ll be able to use multiple accounts for different purposes, like one for promoting your business, one for entertainment, and one for following friends and family.
No, you can’t use the same phone number for multiple TikTok accounts. Each account must have a unique phone number or email address. Or you can choose to register through your Facebook or Google account.
If you try to use the same email address or phone number to sign up for new accounts, you will get an error message saying that the account already exists.