The world is filled with stories of struggle, chaos, and crisis, and it is the responsibility of every individual to show their support and aid in all the humanitarian work possible for them.
If you are a creator on YouTube, know that you can use this platform to participate in causes closer to your heart and generate funds.
So, what is a fundraiser on YouTube? How can you use it to generate funds for the causes you believe in?
Fundraiser with YouTube Giving is a program/feature that allows creators to generate funds for any US-based non-profit organization. This feature (if you are eligible) shows the “Donate” button on your video page. Additionally, you can generate donations during the live stream, where your viewers can directly send their donations.
This small button by YouTube possesses more power than you can imagine. Let’s learn more about the Fundraiser feature on YouTube and how to set up YouTube Giving Fundraiser.
What Is YouTube Giving – Fundraiser?
YouTube is the biggest video-sharing platform. Besides entertainment, it also takes the problems of communities very seriously. Intending to help and share, YouTube introduced the YouTube Giving fundraiser program.
With this feature, creators can support the cause that resonates well with them by getting donations from all their fans who are willing to help.
If you meet the requirements of YouTube Giving criteria, you can choose any eligible non-profits and use the “Donate” button to get the donations. Additionally, you can choose from the existing campaigns already created by other creators.
Once you create or select a community fundraising campaign, you can use the “Donate” button on your videos watch page and also schedule a live stream and get donations in live chat. Anybody wanting to donate can donate directly from your video or live chat.
If you want people to donate to your cause, convince them to feel as passionate about the cause as you are. You can insert compelling clips of the reason in your videos or talk about it openly to persuade your viewers to show their support.
- Your channel must be based in the USA, UK, or Canada.
- You must have over 10k subscribers on your channel.
- Your channel must be eligible for the “YouTube Partner Program.”
If your channel is designated for kids, you will not be eligible for the YouTube Giving feature.
How To Set Up YouTube Giving Fundraiser
Once you meet the above criteria, you can follow the steps below.
- Navigate to YouTube Studio.
- Click on the “Earn” tab from the panel on the left.
- Select the “Giving” tab.
- Now click on the “Get Started” blue button.
- You will see two options: “Create a fundraiser” or “Join a fundraiser.”
- If you click “Join a fundraiser,” you will see the list of all the community fundraisers started by other creators. You can join and promote them.
- If you click “Create a fundraiser,” you can create your fundraising campaign by selecting the non-profit, provided the non-profit is eligible.
Once your campaign is ready, a “Donate” button will appear on your video page to generate donations. You can also generate donations during live streams via live chat.
- Currently, you can only raise donations for US 501 (c) 3 Non-profit organizations.
- You can insert your donation goals (in monetary terms) and the campaign duration for your fundraising.
- You can customize your fundraising campaign by adding descriptions, pictures, and videos.
- YouTube also gives you an insight into how your campaign is doing, and you can edit your goals.
Nothing is better than being socially responsible and using your voice to raise awareness for the cause that matters the most to you.
Social media platforms like YouTube also make sure that besides entertainment, creators in the platform use the platform for charity and other humanitarian work to foster positivity.
YouTube Giving fundraising is one such feature that allows eligible creators to create their fundraising campaigns for the non-profits they believe in or join the existing ones to support fellow YouTubers.
Use this feature if you want the whole community to support something you believe in!