Facebook introduces Messenger rooms to offer users a more robust way of enjoying group calls. With Messenger rooms, you can have 50 participants joining the video chat provided you share the link with them.
Besides, the people you share the link with can join your Messenger room without creating an account. When you create a Messenger room, it should appear on your Messenger app at the bottom, but what happens when the Messenger room becomes unavailable?
When you notice your created Messenger room is unavailable, that’s because of a bug with Facebook. The created room should appear on your Messenger app at the bottom, so you can click on it to start your video chat. If the room is unavailable, access Messenger on your browser, find the created room, and copy its link to share with target people. When they click the shared link, they can join the room, and you can use the same link.
We will first cover the steps of creating a Messenger room while explaining what a Messenger room is in detail. Next, we will discuss why Messenger rooms sometimes become unavailable and how you can bypass this bug.
What Is a Messenger Room?
If you’ve used Messenger’s video calling option, you will agree that it doesn’t have the best features. Facebook advanced this by introducing Messenger rooms which offer more features to accommodate 50 participants in the video chat.
Moreover, you can share the room link and set the privacy features of who can access the Messenger room. Still, you can change the background and use other overlays. Generally, Messenger rooms offer a better way of video calling on Messenger. Furthermore, you can use Messenger rooms on your browser, Messenger app, and Facebook.
How To Create Messenger Rooms
Messenger Rooms can be created on Facebook, the Messenger app, and the browser.
Using Messenger App
- Start by opening your Facebook Messenger app.
- Click on the “Create video call” button. You can find it below the search bar.
- Once a link is created, click the “Edit” button.
- Select how you want people to join the Messenger room and modify other settings.
- Once you’ve adjusted the settings, tap the back button and then the “Share” button.
- You can share the link to target people via email, Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.
- When you are ready, click the “Start Room” button.
Using Messenger Website
- Open Messenger’s website.
- Click the Create Room option. It’s the camera icon above the search in the “Chats” tab.
- Tap the “Edit” button next to the generated link.
- Select your audience who can join your Messenger room.
- Invite people or copy and share the link via different channels.
Using Facebook Website
- Open Facebook’s website and log in.
- Click the “Rooms” button above the stories. Then click the “Create” button.
- Enter your room details, such as name and time, then click the “Create Room” button.
- Edit the link to adjust the privacy settings, then share it with target people.
- Lastly, click the “Join Room” button.
What Does “Room Unavailable” Mean on Messenger?
We’ve seen the steps for creating a Messenger room. However, you may open your Messenger app and find the room you created unavailable. The created room should appear at the bottom of your Messenger app, so you can tap on it to start the room.
When you don’t find the created room, it means Facebook has a bug making the Messenger room unavailable. Here’s how to bypass this error.
- Open your browser and visit Facebook Messenger.
- You must log in using your Facebook details.
- Once logged in, click on the video call icon at the top.
- Next, the Messenger room you created will appear.
- Tap on it to copy the link to the room.
- Once you have the link, share it with the people you want to participate in the Messenger room.
- You can access the same link and tap on it to start the Messenger room.
With that, even when Messenger room is unavailable, you have an alternative way of accessing it and starting the video chat.
Messenger rooms are ideal for a video chat with many participants. When you open your Messenger app and find the created room is unavailable, that implies a bug with Facebook Messenger.
So, access your Messenger on a browser to find the created room. This post has detailed what “room unavailable” means on Messenger.