Discord is an excellent platform to connect with friends through voice and text. When you are in a voice channel, you may want to record the audio to use it for future reference or your podcast.
The good thing is that there are various ways to record Discord audio; with the right tool and guide, you can quickly record Discord audio for your device. For this guide, we will focus on recording Discord audio on Android.
To record Discord audio, you need a bot like Craig bot, which does an excellent job. Visit the bot’s website and invite it to your server. Once you’ve added the bot, open Discord mobile application and open the server containing the Craig bot. To start the recording, type the /join command. The bot will begin the recording and when you are done with the recording, use the /stop command.
We will discuss what it takes to record audio on Discord. Still, we will discuss the steps for using the Craig bot to record Discord audio on your Android phone.
What Does It Take to Record Discord Audio?
When in a Discord server and discussing with your friends or a guest, you may want to keep a record of the discussion. That’s possible by recording the audio. However, it’s recommended that you get the other person’s consent before you start the recording to ensure you don’t violate someone’s privacy, especially in a sensitive discussion.
To Record Discord audio, you must have a Discord bot installed on your server. Another alternative way is to use a recording device, but its quality for the recorded audio won’t match that of a Discord bot.
How To Record Discord Audio on Android
Before we start recording the Discord audio, we must have a Discord server where we will add the Craig bot. So, the first step is to create a Discord server.
- Open your Discord mobile application.
- Tap on the horizontal lines at the top of the window.
- Tap on the plus icon at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Tap the option for “Create My Own.”
- Next, select the audience for your server.
- Add the name of the created server and profile picture.
- Lastly, complete the process by clicking the “Create Server” button at the bottom.
Now that we have a Discord server. The next thing is to invite the Craig bot to the server so we can use it to record audio in our voice channel. Proceed as follows.
- Open a browser and visit the Craig bot’s website.
- Once the page opens, tap the “Invite Craig to your Discord server” button.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Discord account.
- Once logged in, select the target server where to invite the bot and tap “Continue.”
- Grant Craig the required permissions by taping on the “Authorize” button at the bottom.
- Once you mark the presented Captcha, the Craig bot will be successfully added to your server.
- Open your Discord application.
- Find the server where you’ve added the bot and open it.
- Open your voice channel where you want to record the Discord audio.
- To start the recording, use the
/joincommand followed by “channel” and the channel’s name.
- Select the format in which you want to save the recorded audio.
- To stop the recording, use the
- You can access the recorded audio and format it.
That’s how to add the Craig bot on your Discord server on Android and use it to record your Discord audio.
Discord doesn’t have a built-in feature for recording audio in a Discord voice channel. However, it allows using different bots for recording the audio.
We’ve seen how to record Discord audio using the Craig bot on Android for this guide. With that, you can use the presented steps to record Discord audio for your case.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should have the other person’s consent before recording Discord audio to avoid violating someone’s privacy.
Yes, you can. Use the Craig bot to record Discord audio, and the steps covered in this post will guide you.