When using Microsoft Teams, you can wish to break the boredom of remaining active throughout the meetings. One way to achieve that is by playing games inside Microsoft Teams.
With Microsoft Teams, you interact with other team members in your organization to work on a project, but if you want to add games when using Microsoft Teams, you are in the right place.
Microsoft Teams released the “Games For Work” application that integrates with Microsoft Teams to allow people to play games when using Microsoft Teams. Click the plus icon at the top to add an app. Find the “Games For Work” option from the listed applications and click on it. Once it opens, enable the “Featured app” option and click the Save button at the bottom. Once the app loads, click one of its four games and start playing it.
We will understand how Microsoft Teams allows people to play games. We will cover the steps for playing the games before joining a meeting and during a Teams meeting. Let’s dig in.
What Is Microsoft Teams?
With the era of working from home, people had to develop ways to support effective team collaboration remotely. One solution involved creating different remote collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams. Over time, Microsoft Teams has become among the leading communication and collaboration tools many organizations use.
With Microsoft Teams, you can do many activities, including file sharing, texting, real-time collaboration, etc. Microsoft Teams is a platform for team members to collaborate on different projects. You can easily organize your team and create working rooms for them.
Does Microsoft Teams Support Playing Games?
In an article released by Microsoft, they talked about introducing the Games For Work application to enhance the platform’s usage. Initially, there were no means to play games when using Microsoft Teams. However, “Game For Work” paved the way for people to game using Microsoft Teams.
Playing games with a remote person before joining a Teams meeting or during the meeting is one way of having fun using the platform. Besides, gaming help create connections between people. When you want people to get to know each other and improve team morale, engaging in different games is one way to tackle the problem.
Moreover, gaming improves the productivity of employees. If you are a team leader, you can start a game in the Microsoft Teams meeting as part of taking a break from a long meeting. We will discuss the process of playing games in Microsoft Teams later.
There are four games you can play with Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft IceBreakers – This simple game aims to encourage new members to communicate and get to know each other. The game is intuitive and is a good option for someone looking to create connections and build team morale.
- Microsoft Minesweeper – It is the most cooperative game you can play and aims to involve people in solving problems. If you are into testing your problem-solving skills, play Microsoft Minesweeper.
- Microsoft Wordament – For someone looking to play Microsoft Teams with many people, Microsoft Wordament is the perfect game. It has support for 250 players.
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection – Everyone loves Microsoft Solitaire, making it the perfect game to play on Microsoft Teams.
This is available for Microsoft Teams Enterprise, and Education plans only.
How To Play Games on Microsoft Teams
Are you ready to start playing games on Microsoft Teams? You can play games before joining or during a Microsoft Teams meeting.
To play games before joining a meeting, do the following.
- Open your Microsoft Teams and sign in.
- Once it opens, click the + icon and select “Add an App.”
- Click the option for “Game For Work.”
- Turn on the “Featured App” option and click the “Save” button at the bottom.
- Select the game you want to play and click on it.
You can now start playing the game with someone in the channel.
Do the following if you want to play games during a meeting.
- Join a Microsoft Teams meeting.
- Locate the plus icon at the top.
- Search for “Game for Work” and click the “Save” button to add the new tab.
- Once it loads, click on the game you want to play.
- Make the necessary adjustments in the game settings and start playing your game.
Other participants can join the game. You can enjoy playing games even when using your mobile phone on your Microsoft Teams account.
With the “Games for Work” application, you can play the four games it has on your Microsoft Teams before joining a meeting or during the meeting. We’ve seen the detailed steps you should follow to play games.