Nothing is more irritating than an ad popping up while watching a funny cat or dog video. You all must agree that YouTube ads are getting out of hand.
Often, we think about getting YouTube Premium to get rid of this menace but paying YouTube a monthly subscription is something your wallets must not agree with because you already have Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and God knows what other services.
Luckily, you can skip YouTube ads easily without pulling your hair in anger. So, what are ways you can skip ads on YouTube?
These are the ways you can skip ads on YouTube:
1. Wait for the “Skip Ad” button to pop up. Once the countdown reaches 5 seconds at the bottom right corner of the video player, it will automatically turn into a “Skip Ad” button to skip the ad.
2. Get a YouTube Premium subscription.
3. Other ways: try ad blockers, YouTube clones, VPN, or download the video.
So, let’s embark on a journey to discover how to elegantly (and legally) skip those pesky ads on YouTube that take away all the fun from your YouTube adventure.
Method #1: Wait for Skip Ad Button
It is the most legal method out there. But before you attempt it, you must know it requires patience as this “Skip ad” button is not waiting for you to hit. And secondly, not all ads are skippable, as some are obnoxious.
So, the nice ads are skippable, and they are skippable only after 5 seconds. That’s a pretty good deal, as you only watch the ad for a few seconds and can skip the rest. It’s a win-win situation if you see it positively.
Anyways, the good kind of ads (skippable) usually have a countdown clock at the bottom right corner of the video player. And it works like this:
- A countdown clock will emerge at the bottom right corner of the video player. The countdown starts for 5 seconds.
- Once the countdown ends, the “Skip Ad” button emerges.
- Hit this button to get rid of the ad.
Now, you can enjoy your video of a cat-chasing mouse or guy eating tons of ramen noodles (or whatever you enjoy).
Now, the issue is that not all ads are skippable. These are not good kinds of ads as they are not skippable and remind us of the old television days when watching anything was so painful. These ads can be 15 to 20 seconds long. Then, there are also bumper ads (unskippable kinds but last only 6 seconds).
Another issue is that there is not one ad. Generally, one ad is followed by another. Sometimes, the first is skippable, and the other is not. Then, the ads can run at the beginning and during the video.
So, for all these dilemmas, we have these subsequent methods.
Method #2: YouTube Premium
It is the most legal method, and most of you must hate me for suggesting it. Nevertheless, getting a YouTube Premium subscription is one way to skip YouTube ads altogether.
The problem is that you must pay a recurring monthly subscription starting from $13.99. But, it sure to resolve your brawl with ads.
Method #3: Ad Blockers
If you use YouTube on a browser, you can add any ad blocker extension to skip the ads.
- Open your Google Chrome browser and search for any adblocker.
- Let’s take an example of AdBlock.
- Click on the button “Get an AdBlock Now,” then “Add to Chrome.”
- Next, click on “Add Extension” in the pop-up.
The extension is added and will remove ads automatically, including pre-roll, mid-roll video ads, and also sider-bar and banner ads.
You can also get other ad blocker extensions for other browsers like Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Other Ways Arounds
- Get a VPN: Some VPNs like NordVPN and Surfshark also have ad-blocking facilities for users.
- You can also try YouTube clones like Vanced (YouTube Pink APK now), SkyTube, and others. But remember, these do not last long and are not always safe.
- You can also download your favorite videos to avoid ads if you frequently revisit them.
There are three countries where YouTube does not run advertisement programs. These countries are Albania, Myanmar, and Moldova. If you want to watch YouTube without ads, you can use a VPN and change your location to these countries.
In this article, we tried to answer the question can we skip ads on YouTube? You can skip the skippable ads after watching them for 5 seconds once the countdown ends.
A YouTube Premium subscription or an ad blocker extension can avoid unskippable ads. Another way around it is getting YouTube mod/clone versions.
So, try the method that works well for you or endure the pain of watching all the ads like back in the days of television.