Although many say it’s not possible, there are ways to discover your Discord friends’ IP addresses. But how?
You can take one of three routes to find someone’s IP address on Discord:
1. You could copy the user’s ID onto Discord IP resolver and find their IP address through it.
2. You can make the user click on a link and use IP Grabber to find their IP address through the link.
3. Finally, you can take a more technical approach and use Wireshark to find the IP address.
This article will take you through how you can find someone’s IP address. Some of these methods are easy, and any average computer user can use them, whereas others are more complicated and require a better technical understanding.
How To Find an IP Address on Discord?
Many IT specialists claim it is impossible to grab someone’s IP address through Discord. However, there are multiple ways to determine a user’s IP address.
You can only find the IP address of users you’ve added as your friends on Discord, so be careful who you add as a friend on Discord.
Here are some ways to grab another user’s IP address on Discord.
Method #1: Using Discord IP Resolver – Unreliable
This is the easiest way to find someone’s IP address, and here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to Discord IP Resolver on your favorite browser.
- Make sure to open the IP Resolver on the same device you have your Discord app on.
- Go to Discord settings and enable “Developer Mode” from “Advanced.”
- Now open the Discord profile of the user whose IP address you’re trying to find.
- Right-click or long-press on their username to copy their Discord ID.
- Now open the Discord IP Resolver again, paste the user’s ID in the box provided, and click on “Resolve.”
- Discord IP Resolver will now find the user’s IP address.
This method only works while the user is online and using Discord. So for inactive users, this method is not going to work. Also, this method is not very reliable, and most of the times just returns your own IP address.
Method #2: Grabify – Reliable
This is another easy way to find someone’s IP address on Discord.
Follow these simple steps to find the IP address through Grabify:
- Navigate to the Grabify IP logger and enter any URL into the box.
- Click on “Create URL.”
- Click on “I Agree & Create URL.” You might have to complete a Captcha.
- Now, go onto Grabify and paste this URL in the space provided on the Grabify site.
- Copy the “Access Link” and write down the “Tracking Code.”
- Open Discord and send the link to the person whose IP you want. Make sure to make up a believable story to make him actually open the link. The only way this IP Grabber works is if the user clicks on the generated URL.
- Send this URL to the user whose IP address you want to find out.
- Go back to Grabify and enter the tracking code into the box.
- Click on “Tracking Code.”
- Look for the IP in the “Results” section.
Method #3: Use Wireshark Packet Analyzer – Technical
This method is a little more complicated than the one mentioned above. Nevertheless, you can easily use the Wireshark Packet Analyzer with just a little understanding.
The Wireshark software performs a protocol analysis on your device to keep track of the activity on your network. It can also generate a Discord user’s IP address, and here’s how:
- Click on this link to download Wireshark.
- Once downloaded, Sign up and ensure you’re logged onto the site before trying to find a Discord user’s IP address.
- Within Wireshark, choose the network device you use from the list.
- Upon choosing your network device, a series of packages will appear on your screen. On the app, find type UPD in the search bar. This will help remove unnecessary packages and only let the relevant ones stay.
- Open the command prompt app on your device and type in the command “ipconfig /all.” This will filter out all irrelevant IP addresses on your device and show you your IP address only.
- Now open the Discord app and keep the conversation going with the user whose IP address you wish to find.
- In a different window, keep the Wireshark app open. This will simultaneously filter out several packages and eventually show you the IP address you want.
Finding an IP address is not a simple task. Using someone’s IP address to track their activities sounds questionable.
However, it can be used to do good as well. Let us know if you tried any of the methods mentioned above and which one worked the best for you.
Discord does not leak IP addresses. People always use preinstalled or third-party software to find IP addresses.
It is not illegal to grab someone’s IP address. However, how you choose to use this IP address can be illegal. Using IP addresses to stalk people and hack into their profiles is illegal and punishable.