A slow Start Menu can give the appearance that your computer is really lagging. You can easily tweak this setting in the
registry so that as you move the mouse over the start menu items, especially folders, the contents are displayed much quicker.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop/
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value (if MenuShowDelay) does not exist, and then add the following registry value:
- "MenuShowDelay"=0 (the lower the value the shorter the delay. Default value is 400)
- Close the registry editor.
Log off then log back on again
Recommended Books & Training Resources